The BabyBaby twin feeding pillow has been a favourite among breastfeeding Mums around the world since its inception 14 years ago. Its unique 'U' shape ensures the pillow moulds to mum and provides nurturing support to your babies whether you choose to tandem feed or one at a time.
Filled with Polystyrene beans which are encased in their own inner, means you control the height and comfort of the pillow depending on your needs and that of your babies.
The outer case is machine washable and made from 100% cotton, and a drill gusset band.
Although primarily designed to assist with breast feeding, the Babybaby feeding pillows have multiple uses:
- Great for breast feeding and establishing correct feeding position for mother and babies.
- Supports mothers back during feeding helping to prevent future back problems
- A ‘must have’ for feeding twins simultaneously
- Supports baby while she is learning to sit.
Please note: The BabyBaby Twin Breastfeeding Pillow will be filled to maximum capacity so you may wish to remove some beans if you feel the pillow is too high.
Tips on using the BabyBaby breastfeeding pillow:
Breast feeding does not always come naturally and it takes time to learn the correct position most comfortable for you and babies. The mistake many mothers make is to lean forward to accommodate baby which can leave you with back and neck damage.
By using a support like the Babybaby breastfeeding pillow it will bring baby to you so she is at the correct height and position for latching and your back is straight and comfortable.
- Position yourself in the middle of the couch and place one baby one each side of you on the couch.
- Ensure both feet can sit flat on the ground – you may need a cushion placed in the small of your back (particularly if your babies are a little older)
- Sit with your back up straight, making sure you are well supported and comfortable
- Place BabyBaby Breastfeeding pillow on your knees
- Place one baby on feeding pillow feet towards the back of the couch. Ensure they are safely tucked into your body supported by the pillow. Place the other baby on the other side of the pillow, feet towards the back of the couch.
- Position each baby so their noses are in line with your nipples. Their chins should touch the breast first.
- Support one baby's head and when her mouth is open wide latch her on ensuring she takes as much of the nipple into her mouth as possible. Take care not to push her head into you, just nudge her gently and she will get it.
- Once the first baby is settled into feeding then position the other baby using the same technique.
- If you need to remove baby from breast to reposition her, gently put your little finger in the corner of her mouth to release suction.